To delete photos from iCloud, follow the steps below:
- In Photos on iCloud.com, select the photos or videos you want to delete, or double-click a single photo or video.
- The photos or videos will be highlighted.
- Click Delete in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- A confirmation message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to delete the selected photos or videos.
- Click Delete again to confirm and permanently delete the photos or videos.
- Deleted photos and videos are moved to the Recently Deleted album.
How do I remove photos from my iPhone that were synced from iCloud?
When you disable and delete photos from your iPhone, they are also deleted from iCloud. If you turn off iCloud Photo Library on your Mac, the photos will be deleted from that device as well.
Can I delete things from my iCloud storage?
You can delete files you no longer want to store in iCloud Drive. When you delete a file from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, it’s also deleted from all your devices that have iCloud Drive turned on.
Why are Photos still on my iPhone after deleting from iCloud?
There are a number of reasons why photos you’ve deleted from iCloud may still be present on your iPhone.
One possibility is that you have the “iCloud Photo Library” feature enabled on your device. This feature keeps all of the photos and videos in your iCloud account synchronized across all of your devices. So, even if you delete a photo from one device, it will still be present in iCloud and will be downloaded to any other connected devices.
Another possibility is that you have “Optimize Storage” enabled in your iCloud settings. This feature automatically manages the storage space on your device by keeping lower-resolution versions of photos and videos in iCloud and downloading them only when needed.
Therefore, even if you delete the full-resolution version of a photo from your iPhone, a lower-resolution copy may still be stored in iCloud and download iCloud photos to your device when needed. If you want to ensure that photos you delete from iCloud are also removed from your iPhone, you can disable the “iCloud Photo Library” and “Optimize Storage” features. You can also use the built-in “Recover Deleted Photos” feature in iCloud to restore any photos that may have been accidentally deleted.
What happens when you remove something from iCloud?
When you remove something from iCloud, it is also deleted from all of your devices that have iCloud turned on. This includes any files you may have stored in iCloud Drive. It’s important to note that when you delete a file from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, it is also permanently deleted from all of your devices. If you want to keep a file but just don’t want it taking up space in iCloud, you can move it to another location like your computer or an external hard drive.
How do I erase my iPhone but not iCloud?
If you want to delete photos from your iPhone but not iCloud, you first need to turn off the iCloud Photos feature.
- To do this, open Settings and tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- On the Apple ID screen, select iCloud > Photos.
- Use the toggle switch for iCloud Photos to disable syncing.
- With the connectivity between iPhone and iCloud disabled, you can safely delete photos from your iPhone without worry that they will also be deleted from iCloud.
Can you delete iCloud data?
- To delete iCloud data, sign in to iCloud.com and open the iCloud Drive app.
- Select the files that you want to delete, then tap Delete .
- Open the iCloud Drive folder and tap Recently Deleted.
How do you delete stuff from your iCloud storage?
- You can delete stuff from your iCloud storage by opening iCloud.com in a browser and logging in with your Apple ID.
- Then, click “iCloud Drive.”
- To delete a folder, select it and then click the Delete icon.
- To delete files, double-click a folder and hold down CTRL while clicking each file.
- Select the Delete icon.
How do I clean up my iCloud storage?
- Open iCloud.com in a browser and log in with your Apple ID.
- Then click on “iCloud Drive.”
- To delete an entire folder, select it and then click the Delete icon.
- To delete specific files, double-click a folder to open it, hold down CTRL while clicking each file you want to delete, and then select the Delete icon.
What happens if you delete data from iCloud?
When you delete a file from iCloud, it is stored in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days. After that time period, the file is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. However, you can remove deleted files before the 30-day time period is up. To do this, go to iCloud.com, click on the Files app, then select the Recently Deleted folder. From here, you can either restore the file or delete it permanently.
Why are photos still on my iPhone after deleting from iCloud?
Apple offers iCloud as a storage option for iPhone users. The main benefit to using iCloud is that it offloads the storage on your device while still allowing you access to the files. So, if you were to delete a photo from your iPhone, it would also be deleted from iCloud. This is because the connectivity between iPhone and iCloud means that if you delete a picture on your iPhone, it’s also scrubbed from iCloud. In other words, the iCloud is connected to your iPhone and knows what files are stored on there. When you delete a file from your iPhone, the iCloud automatically deletes it as well.
Why are my photos taking up storage when I have iCloud?
There are a few reasons your photos might be taking up storage even though you have iCloud:
- First, check to see if you have iCloud Photo Library turned on.
- If you do, any photos and videos you take will be stored in iCloud.
- To turn it off, go to Settings > Photos, then tap the switch next to iCloud Photo Library.
- Second, make sure that Optimize Storage is turned on.
- With this setting turned on, iOS will automatically save space on your device by storing lower-resolution versions of your photos and videos in iCloud.
- To turn it on, go to Settings > Photos, then tap the switch next to Optimize Storage.
- Third, check to see if you have My Photo Stream turned on.
- With this feature turned on, any new photos you take will be automatically uploaded to iCloud and pushed down to all of your other devices.
- To turn it off, go to Settings > Photos, then tap the switch next to My Photo Stream.
- Fourth, check to see if you’re using an older version of iOS.
- If you are, there’s a known issue where certain types of photos can take up a lot of storage even when they’re stored in iCloud.
- Updating to the latest version of iOS should fix this problem.
How do I delete things from iCloud to free up space?
Deleting items from your iCloud Drive can help you free up iCloud storage space on your device. To delete a folder, select it and then click the Delete icon. To delete files, double-click a folder, hold down CTRL while clicking each file, and then select the Delete icon.
Do photos stay on iCloud if deleted from iPhone?
When you delete a photo or video from the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, it also deletes from your iCloud Photos and any other devices where you’re signed in to iCloud Photos.
Why are my photos taking up space when I have iCloud?
When you have iCloud turned on, your photos and videos are stored in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If you turn off iCloud Photos, you can still access your photos and videos in the Photos app, but they won’t take up space on your device.
How do I stop iCloud drive from taking up space on my iPhone?
iCloud Drive is a great way to store and share files, but it can take up a lot of space on your device if you have a lot of files stored there. You can delete files from iCloud Drive to free up some space on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage > iCloud Drive.
- You will see all the files stored in iCloud Drive.
- Swipe left and tap on the trash icon to delete the file.
How do you find out what is taking up space in iCloud?
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Tap Browse > iCloud Drive.
- You will see all of the files that are taking up space in iCloud.
- Tap Select and choose the files you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom.
- This will delete the files from iCloud and free up some space.
How do I manually erase my iPhone without Apple ID?
It’s pretty easy to manually erase your iPhone without an Apple ID.
First, put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
Open iTunes or Finder on your Mac or Windows computer, keep your iPhone connected to the computer, and then put iPhone into Recovery Mode:
For iPhone 8 (and later)
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Once you’re in Recovery Mode, iTunes will start to restore your iPhone.
Does deleting a photo also delete from iCloud?
When you delete a photo or video from Photos on iCloud.com, it’s also deleted from all your devices that have iCloud Photos turned on. However, if you change your mind within 30 days, you can recover the photo or video before it is permanently removed.
Does removing photos from iCloud remove them from iPhone?
When you delete a photo or video from Photos on iCloud.com, it’s also deleted from all your devices that have iCloud Photos turned on. However, you have 30 days to recover it before it’s permanently removed.
Why is my iCloud backup taking up so much storage?
Your iCloud backups are likely taking up a lot of storage space because you have multiple devices backed up to the cloud. It’s possible that you had your old iPhone set to automatically upload backup photos to iCloud, and then never removed those files. Over time, as you add more devices and create more backups, your iCloud storage can fill up quickly. If you’re looking to free up some space in iCloud, you can delete old device backups that you no longer need.
How do I delete photos from my iPhone but keep them in iCloud?
If you want to keep your iCloud photos but delete them from your iPhone, you can do so by turning off iCloud Photo Sharing. This will keep the photos in your iCloud account but they will not be accessible from your iPhone. You can also use a different iCloud account to keep the photos safe before deleting them from your iPhone. Another workaround is to use a different cloud server to back up the photos before deleting them on your iPhone.