If you’re running out of iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name], then tap iCloud.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan and tap Buy.
- You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Your subscription renews automatically each month until you cancel it.
Is buying more iCloud storage worth it?
There are a number of reasons why buying iCloud storage is unnecessary and you shouldn’t have to pay for it. In most cases, the free 5GB that comes with your iPhone or iPad is more than enough to back up your device. And if you need more than that, there are other ways to get it without paying Apple anything extra.
First, let’s look at what iCloud backups include. They contain data like your app settings, home screen arrangement, iMessage conversations, ringtones, health data, and Safari bookmarks. Basically, anything that can be restored from an iCloud backup can be replaced easily. So unless you have a ton of photos and videos or a lot of important data that would be difficult to replace, you probably don’t need to worry about paying for more iCloud storage.
Second, even if you do have a lot of photos and videos, there are other places to store them besides iCloud. For example, you could use Google Photos or another cloud-based service that offers unlimited photo storage (usually for a monthly fee). Or you could simply connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and transfer the files that way.
Finally, if you still want to use iCloud but don’t want to pay for more storage, there are ways to reduce your usage.
- One way is to turn off unused apps so they don’t take up space in your backup.
- Another is to delete old backups from your devices.
You can also adjust the settings in each app to choose which data gets backed up (for example, you might only want to back up high-resolution photos and not lower-quality ones).
In short, unless you have a specific reason for needing more than 5GB of iCloud storage, there’s no need to pay for it. There are plenty of other ways to store your data or backup your device that won’t cost you anything extra.
Can you delete stuff from the cloud?
Yes, you can delete stuff from the cloud. However, it is important to note that once something is deleted from the cloud, it is permanently gone. There is no way to recover deleted files from the cloud. That being said, deleting files from the cloud is a pretty simple process. Just select the files you want to delete and then hit the delete button.
How do I delete photos from my iPhone only?
- Open Photos.
- From the Library tab, tap All Photos and select the photo or video that you want to delete.
- Tap the Trash button , then tap Delete Photo.
Is it worth buying more storage?
Storage is a key component in any computer system, whether it be for business or personal use. The amount of storage you need will depend on the types of files you intend to store, how many files you anticipate storing, and how often you plan on accessing them. For most users, buying more storage than they currently need is not necessary.
However, there are some situations where having additional storage can be beneficial. If you regularly work with large video or audio files, having extra storage space can be helpful. It allows you to keep all of your files in one place without having to worry about running out of space.
Additionally, if you have a lot of files that you rarely access, storing them on an external hard drive or cloud storage service can free up valuable space on your primary hard drive. In general, unless you have a specific need for additional storage, it is not worth purchasing more than you currently have. Even if you think you might need more space down the road, it is often cheaper and easier to simply buy a larger hard drive when the time comes rather than trying to upgrade your existing storage.
How do I clear my iPhone storage without deleting from iCloud?
There are a few ways that you can clear up storage on your iPhone without having to delete anything from your iCloud account.
- One way is to swipe left on any media files that you no longer want or need in order to delete them.
- Another way is to offload apps that you don’t use anymore while retaining the documents and data associated with those apps.
- To do this, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and tap on any app in the list.
- From there, select Offload App.
Is more storage worth it iPhone?
There are a few things to consider when deciding if more storage is worth it on an iPhone. Apps and photos take up a lot of space, so if you have a lot of either or both, you might want to choose a higher storage option. 128GB and 256GB are the best options for most users because they offer enough space for thousands of photos and videos, along with dozens of apps. At this point, 64GB is not enough because apps and photos are big enough now that you’re likely to run out of space quickly.
Can I increase my iCloud storage?
Yes, you can increase your iCloud storage. You can do this by either buying more iCloud storage or by reducing the amount of storage that you are using. If you want to buy more iCloud storage, you can do this from the Settings app on your iOS device or from the System Preferences app on your Mac. If you want to reduce the amount of storage that you are using, you can do this by deleting files from your iCloud account or by moving them to a different location.
How can I free my iCloud space?
There are a few things you can do to free up iCloud space:
- First, go through your files and folders and delete anything you no longer need. This includes old photos, videos, documents, etc.
- Next, look at the size of your backups and try to optimize them. For example, you might be able to reduce the size of your backup by turning off certain features like Chat History in WhatsApp.
- Another way to reduce the size of your backup is to delete app data that you don’t care about. This includes things like game scores, high scores, etc.
- Finally, you can also upgrade your iCloud storage plan to get more space.
How do I buy more iCloud storage?
There are two ways to buy more iCloud storage: through your device or computer, or through the Apple website.
If you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.2 or later, you can see how much storage you have left in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage. You can also see how much storage your content uses in Settings > iCloud > Storage. And if you need more storage, tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
If you’re using a Mac with macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later, open the iCloud pane of System Preferences and click Manage. And if you need more storage, click Upgrade next to your storage plan.
You can also upgrade your iCloud storage from the Apple website:
- Go to www.apple.com/icloud/storage and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Upgrade next to your storage plan.
- Select a new storage plan.
- Click Buy and enter your password.
How do I disable iCloud storage without losing any photos?
If you want to disable iCloud storage without losing any photos, you can follow the steps below.
- Within the Settings app, tap your name.
- Then, tap iCloud. After that, tap Photos.
- Finally, toggle iCloud Photos to the Off position.
- If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Why is my iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
There are a few reasons why your iPhone storage might be full even though you have iCloud. One possibility is that you’re storing too many photos and videos on your device. When you take a photo or video, it’s automatically saved to your handset. Even if you delete it from your camera roll, it’s still taking up space on your phone.
- To free up storage on your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos & Camera and turn off the option to Save Originals.
- This will save photos and videos in their compressed versions on your device, while still keeping the full-resolution versions in iCloud.
Another reason for a full iPhone could be that apps are taking up too much space. Some apps, like games, can be quite large—tens of megabytes or more. And if you have a lot of apps installed, that can quickly add up. You can see how much space each app is using by going to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. If an app is taking up more space than you’d like, consider deleting it or finding a similar one that doesn’t use as much space.
Finally, remember that iOS itself takes up some space on your device. Every time a new version of iOS comes out, it includes new features and improvements which require additional storage space. So if you’ve recently updated to a new version of iOS, that could explain why your iPhone storage is full.
How do I delete photos from my phone only?
- To delete photos from your phone only, open the Gallery or Pictures app.
- Choose a photo or video by tapping the circle that appears next to the picture.
- Tap the Delete icon.
- You may get an alert asking you to confirm the deletion.
What are the disadvantages of using iCloud?
The disadvantages of using iCloud+ are that it charges steep monthly fees, you need a lot of storage to use every iCloud service, and it can be slow to sync.
- The first disadvantage is that iCloud+ charges steep monthly fees. The cheapest plan starts at $0.99 per month, but if you want more than 50 GB of storage, the price goes up to $3.99 per month. If you need 1 TB of storage, the price is even higher at $9.99 per month. That’s a lot of money for something that doesn’t necessarily offer a lot of value.
- The second disadvantage is that you need a lot of storage to use every iCloud+ service. For example, if you want to back up your entire photo library, you need at least 2 GB of storage. And if you want to use iCloud Drive or keep your documents in sync across all your devices, you need at least 5 GB of storage. Even if you don’t use all the features of iCloud+, you still need 7 GB of storage just for email and backups.
- The third disadvantage is that iCloud can be slow to sync. This is especially true if you have a large number of files or a lot of data to upload. It can take hours or even days for everything to finish syncing. And if you have a slow internet connection, it can be even slower.
Overall, the disadvantages of using iCloud+ outweigh the advantages. Unless you really need the features it offers, it’s probably not worth the cost or the hassle.
How do I free up space on iCloud without deleting photos?
- One way to free up space on iCloud is to attempt to rent a movie with a large file size. This will temporarily remove the movie from your device and allow you to re-download it again when needed.
- Another way to clear up storage space is by deleting unused or unnecessaryapps that may be taking up valuable room.
- Additionally, old text messages can also be deleted in order to create more space. If you are not using My Photo Stream, you should consider stopping this service as well since it can use up a lot of storage.
- When you enable HDR mode, remember to only keep one photo instead of both photos in order to save space. Furthermore, clearing your browser’s cache can help eliminate stored data that is no longer needed.
- Finally, automatic app updates can be turned off so that apps will only update when you manually choose to do so; this can save space because older versions of apps will be replaced by the updated version.
How do I free up more iCloud space?
When you’re low on iCloud storage space, there are a few ways you can free it up.
- One way is to clean up your photo library. If you have a lot of old photos or videos that you don’t need anymore, you can delete them to free up space.
- Another way to free up iCloud storage is to delete old backups. If you have multiple backups of your device, you can delete the ones you don’t need anymore to save space.
- You can also remove old files from your iCloud Drive. If you have files that you no longer need, you can delete them to clear up space.
- Finally, you can clean up text messages. If you have a lot of texts, you can delete them to free up some storage.
How can I free up iCloud storage?
There are a few things you can do to reduce the size of your iCloud backup and free up some iCloud storage. You can start by reducing the size of your iCloud Backup.
- To do this, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
- Here you will see a list of all the apps that are backed up to iCloud.
- Select the app that you want to reduce the size of the backup for and tap on ‘Delete Backup’.
You can also delete photos in iCloud Photos.
- To do this, open the Photos app and select the ‘Albums’ tab.
- Here you will see all the albums in your iCloud Photo Library.
- Select the album that you want to delete photos from and tap on the trashcan icon.
- Confirm that you want to delete the selected photos.
Another way to free up iCloud storage is to delete folders or files in iCloud Drive.
- To do this, open Finder and select iCloud Drive from the sidebar.
- Find the folder or file that you want to delete and drag it to the trashcan icon in the dock.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the folder or file and select ‘Move to Trash’.
You can also delete texts and attachments in Messages.
- To do this, open the Messages app and select the conversation that you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘Details’ button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under the ‘Attachments’ section, you will see all the images, videos, and other files that have been shared in this conversation.
- To delete an attachment, hover over it and click on the x button.
Finally, you can delete messages and manage Mail.
- To do this, open the Mail app and select the mailbox that you want to delete messages from.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select all the messages that you want to delete and click on the trashcan icon.
Will my photos be deleted if I turn off iCloud?
When you turn off iCloud Photo Stream on your device, the images in the stream folder are removed from the device. However, they are not deleted from iCloud. If you have any other devices using iCloud Photo Stream, they will not be impacted. You can also delete photos from the stream, just like any other folder.
Can I delete photos from my iPhone but keep them on iCloud?
If you have iCloud photo sharing turned on, you can delete photos from your iPhone but keep them in iCloud. To turn off iCloud photo sharing:
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- Tap Photos.
- Turn off iCloud Photo Sharing.
- If you use a different iCloud account to keep your previous account’s iCloud photos safe, you can still access them by signing in to the other account.
- Another workaround is to use a different cloud server to back up the photos before deleting them on your iPhone.
How do I delete stuff out of the iCloud?
You can delete stuff out of the iCloud by opening iCloud.com in a browser and logging in with your Apple ID.
- Once you’re logged in, click “iCloud Drive.”
- To delete a folder, select it and then click the Delete icon.
- To delete files, double-click a folder and hold down CTRL while clicking each file.
- Select the Delete icon to delete the files.
What do I do when my iCloud storage is full?
When you iCloud storage is full, there are a few things you can do in order to free up some space.
One strategy is to reduce the size of your iCloud backup by going into your Settings and selecting iCloud. From here, you can tap on Manage Storage and then select Backups. Here, you will see all of the apps that are backed up to iCloud and how much space they are taking up. If there are any that you no longer need or use, you can delete them from the backups.
Another way to clear up some space in iCloud is to delete photos that are stored in iCloud Photos.
- To do this, go into your Settings and select iCloud.
- Tap on Photos and then select Optimize Storage.
- This will allow you to save smaller versions of photos on your device while keeping the full-sized versions stored in iCloud.
- If you have any photos that you no longer need or want, you can also delete them from iCloud Photos by tapping on the trashcan icon.
You can also delete files and folders that are taking up space in iCloud Drive.
- To do this, go into your Settings and select iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud Drive and then select Show On Home Screen.
- This will give you access to all of the files and folders that are stored in iCloud Drive.
- If there are any that you no longer need or want, you can delete them by tapping on the trashcan icon.
Finally, you can delete texts and attachments in Messages that are taking up space in iCloud.
- To do this, go into your Settings and select iCloud.
- Tap on Messages and then turn off Message History.
- This will remove all of the texts and attachments from Messages that are stored in iCloud.
- If you still have important conversations that you need to keep, you can export them to another service like WhatsApp before deleting them from Messages.
How much does it cost to add more storage to iCloud?
The cost of adding more storage to iCloud depends on how much storage you need. For 50GB of storage, it costs 59 p. For 200GB of storage, it costs 149 p. And for 2TB of storage, it costs 599 p.