To disable iCloud backup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap on Backup.
- Turn off the switch next to iCloud Backup. When you turn off iCloud Backup, any existing backups will be deleted from iCloud.
- This means that if you ever need to restore your device from a backup, you’ll only be able to use backups stored locally on your device (if you have been making iTunes backups, for example).
How do I force iCloud to quit backup?
It’s easy to force iCloud to quit backup on your iPhone or iPad. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the Settings and go to [Your Name] > iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap on iCloud Backup, then turn off the toggle.
- To delete existing backups, go back to iCloud and choose to Manage Storage.
- Then select any Backups and choose to Delete Backup.
How do I stop backup on my iPhone?
When you delete a backup, it permanently removes that backup from iCloud and associated devices. If you’re low on iCloud storage, deleting backups can free up space. You can turn off iCloud Backup and delete your iCloud backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on a Windows PC with iTunes. To turn off iCloud Backup:
- Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
- Tap Manage Account Storage or tap Manage Storage, then tap Backups.
- Tap the name of the device whose backup you’d like to delete.
- Tap Delete Backup > Turn Off & Delete.
What happens when you turn off iCloud for messages?
Your message history is recorded in an iCloud backup if you disable messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can turn your messages in iCloud on or off on one or all devices that are using the same Apple ID.
Will deleting Messages from iCloud delete them from my phone?
If you delete a message from iCloud, it will also be deleted from any other devices where you are using the same iCloud account. This includes your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. However, if you are only deleting messages from iCloud, they will still remain on your device unless you take additional steps to delete them there as well.
Can I see my text messages on iCloud?
Yes, you can use iCloud to store and sync your text messages across devices. However, keep in mind that this will only work if you’re signed in with the same Apple ID on each device. For more information on what you can do with iCloud, see Keep your messages up to date with iCloud.
Does deleting from iCloud also delete from iPhone?
Deleting a file from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com will also delete the file from all your devices that have iCloud Drive turned on. This is because when you delete a file from iCloud Drive, it is deleted from all of your devices that are connected to iCloud.
Why is iPhone iCloud backup taking so long?
One potential reason your iPhone’s iCloud backup is taking a long time is because of your network connection. If you’re on a slow or unstable network, even a small amount of data can take a while to back up.
Another possibility is that there is simply too much data on your phone for iCloud to backup efficiently. This is especially true if most of the storage space on your device is taken up and there isn’t enough room for iCloud to work with. Regardless of the reason, there are a few things you can do to try and speed up the iCloud backup process.
One option is to connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network before beginning the backup. You can also try freeing up some storage space on your device by deleting unused apps or files.
Finally, make sure that iCloud Drive is turned off before starting the backup; this will prevent any unnecessary data from being backed up along with your other files.
Can you stop an iPhone iCloud backup in progress?
You can stop an iPhone iCloud backup in progress by following the steps below:
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen, then tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Storage & Backup.
- Under Back Up Now, turn off Automatic Backups (or uncheck iCloud Backup).
- To finish, tap Turn Off & Delete or Turn Off Only.
What happens if you stop an iPhone backup?
If you turn off iCloud Backup for a device, any backups stored in iCloud are kept for 180 days before being deleted. However, you can still use your computer to back up your device. For more information on how to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, please refer to the Apple Support article How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What does turning on iCloud for iMessage do?
When you turn on iCloud for iMessage, any messages that are currently stored in iCloud become accessible on your device. This means that you can view and use any messages that are stored in iCloud, even if you are not connected to the internet. Any new messages you receive on your device will also be stored in iCloud, so you can access them from any device that is connected to iCloud.
Does deleting iCloud delete everything?
Deleting your iCloud backup is not as bad as it sounds. Here are the main points you should know about:
- It will erase the data you previously backed up to iCloud. So, in case you need to set up your iPhone from scratch, you will not be able to recover data from iCloud.
- If you turn off iCloud Backup and then delete all content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the next time you back up to iCloud, only new photos and videos, contacts, and calendars will be backed up.
- All other iCloud data (such as Mail, Notes, Reminders, Safari, and so on) will be backed up when you restore from an iOS device backup.
Can I delete photos from iCloud but not iPhone?
If you want to keep the photos on your iPhone but delete them from iCloud, make sure to first disable iCloud Photos.
- You can do this by going to Settings -> Apple ID (your name at the top) -> iCloud -> Photos and then turning off “iCloud Photos”.
- Now, when you remove photos from iCloud, they will stay on your iPhone.
Will deleting my iCloud account delete everything?
Deleting your iCloud account will delete everything associated with the account. This includes any data that is stored in iCloud, such as photos, contacts, calendars, and documents.
Before deleting your account, you should back up your iCloud data to another location. You will also need to sign out of the Apple ID on all of your devices, like your iPhone and iPad, if you want to keep using them.
What happens if I turn off iCloud backup for Messages?
As mentioned above, if you turn off Messages in iCloud on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, your message history will be included in a separate iCloud backup. You can choose to turn Messages in iCloud off for just one device, or for all your devices.
How can I see my text messages on iCloud on my computer?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to view your text messages on iCloud:
- On your Mac, open the Messages app.
- Select Messages > Settings from the Menu Bar.
- Click iMessage.
- Select Enable Messages in iCloud.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click Sign In.
- When prompted, click Merge to upload your existing messages to iCloud.
How do you stop an iPhone backup?
If you want to stop an iPhone backup, you can do so by following these steps:
- From a Home screen, tap Settings. If unavailable, swipe left to access the App Library.
- Tap the Apple profile at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap iCloud. If prompted, enter the Apple ID and password then tap Sign In.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap the Back Up This iPhone switch to turn on or off .
- If prompted, tap OK.
Why is it taking 3 hours to backup my iPhone?
There could be a couple reasons why your iPhone backup is taking forever. Data-heavy apps or too many media files like photos and videos, for example, can contribute to the issue. Another possibility is an unreliable internet connection.
What happens if I stop backup iPhone?
If you turn off iCloud Backup for a device, any backups stored in iCloud are kept for 180 days before being deleted. However, you can still use your computer to back up your device. For more information on how to do this, please see the Apple Support article How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What does iCloud for Messages do?
iCloud for Messages stores your messages in the cloud instead of locally on your device. You can see them on any device that’s set up for iCloud and Messages, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. This means that you can access the same messages on all of your devices.
Does iCloud backup Keep messages?
iCloud is a great way to keep your messages in sync between all of your devices, so you can always pick up where you left off. Whether you’re using your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, as long as you’re signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID, your messages will be there waiting for you.
How do I cancel a backup?
If you need to cancel a backup for any reason, you can do so by following these steps:
- On your device, open the Settings app and tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap on Storage & Backup.
- Under BACKUP OPTIONS, tap on Manage Storage.
- Find the backup that you want to delete and tap on it.
- Tap on Delete Backup and confirm when prompted.