- To crop a screenshot on your Mac, first open the screenshot in the Preview app.
- Next, click on the Tools menu and select Adjust Size.
- Then, click on the Crop button located in the middle of the toolbar
- A crosshair will appear in the center of the image.
- To begin cropping, click and drag one of the corners of the selection to resize it.
- Once you’re happy with the selection, click on the Crop button again to confirm.
How do I take a screenshot on my Mac?
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot.
- Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.
How do I crop a screenshot on my Mac?
- Open the screenshot you want to crop in the Preview app.
- To crop the screenshot, select the Toolbox button, then click and drag within the screenshot to select an area.
- When you’ve selected the area you want, click Cropin the toolbar.
How do I save a screenshot on my Mac?
Your Mac captures the entire screen when you take a screenshot by default.
- To change where screenshots are saved, open Screenshot preferences; Press and hold these keys together : Shift, Command, 5.
- Or use Spotlight to find Screenshot preferences: Open Spotlight and type Screenshot in the search field.
- From the menu that appears, select Preferences > Take New Screenshots To > Save To.
How do I copy a screenshot on my Mac?
- On your keyboard, press and hold these keys: Shift, Command, and 4.
- Drag the crosshair pointer over the area of the screen to capture.
- To cancel taking the screenshot, press the Esc (Escape) key.
- When you’ve selected an area, release your mouse or trackpad button.
- Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
How do I edit a screenshot on my Mac?
- After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail temporarily appears in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Tap the thumbnail to open the screenshot, then tap Done.
- Or wait for the screenshot to save to your Photos app automatically.
- You can also markup screenshots immediately after taking them without opening them in another app first.
- Just tap on the thumbnail after taking it to enter editing mode.
How do I delete a screenshot on my Mac?
- You can delete screenshots from the Recently Deleted album if they’re less than 30 days old; otherwise, they’re gone forever.
- Open Photos and go to Albums > Recently Deleted.
- Select one or more items and tap Delete or Recover at the bottom of the screen.
How do I find screenshots on my Mac?’
All of your screenshots will be saved as .png files and stored in a folder called Screenshots on your mac desktop.’