As an ecommerce business owner, one of the most important aspects of your website is ensuring that you have shipping costs correctly added and displayed. Your customers need to know how much it will cost to receive their purchase, and if they are unhappy with the shipping prices they may abandon their cart altogether. In this blog post, we will walk you through how to add shipping cost in Wix, so that you can have confidence knowing that your customers are seeing the right price.
How to Set Up Shipping Costs in Wix?
Setting up shipping costs in Wix is simple and can be done in just a few steps.
- First, log into your Wix account and go to the ‘Shipping’ tab.
- From here, you can add or edit your shipping methods and rates.
- To add a new shipping method, simply click on the ‘Add Shipping Method’ button and fill out the required information.
What Are the Best Shipping Methods for Wix Stores?
There are a few different shipping methods that you can use for your Wix store. The most popular option is flat rate shipping, which allows you to charge a fixed price for all orders, no matter where they’re going or how many items are being shipped.
Another option is free shipping, which can be offered for orders over a certain amount or to specific countries. And finally, there’s weight-based shipping, which charges different rates based on the total weight of the order.
How to Use Flat Rate or Free Shipping on Your Wix Orders?
- If you want to offer flat rate shipping on your Wix orders, simply go to the ‘Shipping’ tab and select ‘Flat Rate’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then, enter the price that you want to charge for shipping.
- If you want to offer free shipping, select ‘Free Shipping’ from the drop-down menu and enter the minimum order amount that qualifies for free shipping.
Setting Up Weight-Based Shipping in Your Wix Store
If you want to charge different shipping rates based on the weight of an order, you can set up weight-based shipping in your Wix store.
- To do this, go to the ‘Shipping’ tab and select ‘Weight Based’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then, enter the weight ranges and corresponding shipping rates that you want to charge.
Adding Handling Fees and Other Extra Charges to Your Wix Shipping
In addition to setting up basic shipping rates, you can also add handling fees and other extra charges to your Wix shipping.
- To do this, go to the ‘Shipping’ tab and select ‘Other Charges’ from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you can add a per-order fee or a per-item fee, as well as specify which countries these charges apply to.
How to Add Shipping Cost in Wix?
- In the Editor, click on the +Add button and select More.
- Under the Apps tab, search for and select Shipping Cost Calculator by Xangee.
- Click Add to Site.
- Configure the app settings according to your preferences and requirements.
- Save changes and publish your site.
If you’re running an online store, then you need to add shipping costs to your checkout process. Otherwise, your customers will be left wondering how much it will cost to get their purchase delivered to them. Adding shipping costs to your Wix store is easy and only takes a few minutes.
There is no set way to add shipping cost in Wix, as the platform does not have eCommerce capabilities. However, you can add a button or link to an external website where your customers can purchase items and select their shipping option. You may also want to include information about shipping cost on your product pages or in the checkout process.